SPRING TRIP - Cedar Park, TX
6V to 12V Conversion
- Walt Nuckels leads you step by step converting your 1955 Thunderbird from factory 6 volt to 12 volt.
Rear Main Seal
- Walt Nuckles leads you to convert a Parts House seal to fit and work on all Y-Block engines.
-Walt Nuckels simplifies adjustment of valves.
Tips on Buying a Thunderbird
- Scott McGilvray tells you what to look for and how to look at a Thunderbird you are considering for purchase,
- This article explains how to tell where the part fits on a car. It is all in Ford Motor Companys' master plan.
Changing to an Edelbrock Carb
- Scott McGilvray and Tim Chaput lead you on a step by step procedure to change your Holley Carb to a modern Edelbrock Carb on 1957 Thunderbird.
PVC Smog Device
- Scott McGilvray and Tim Chaput show how to change the smoking road draft tube to and after market PVC Smog Device.
Spark (Vaccum) Advance
- Scott McGilvray and Tim Chaput show you how to check your vaccum advance to be sure it is working properly and repairs.
Heater Control Face Plate
- Scott McGilvray show you how to remove the heater control assembly from the backside of the dash without disconnection the cables.
- Scott McGilvray show you a quick and easy way to correctly align your headlights.
- Scott McGilvray takes you step by step, how to set valves.
Setting Valves, Part 2
- Scott McGilvray demonstrates a helping aid to this task.
- Scott McGilvray show a quick and easy way to perform this task.
Thermostat Replacement, Part 2
- Scott McGilvray updates his earlier article.
Hood Opening Troubles -
Scott McGilvray points out several potential trouble spots.
Scott McGilvray dives into trunk hinge troubles and their repair.
Tim Chaput explains how to increase oil flow through the filter.
Eliminate Dim Dash Lights-
Bill Long's article from the Early Bird, Sept/Oct 2014 issue.
Heater Core Replacement-
Jo Huttenhow replaces the heater core from the engine compartment.
Turn Signal Trouble-
Scott McGilvray walks you through one trouble spot with the turn signal switch.
Glove Box Door Trim-
Scott McGilvray shows you how to eliminate the dent in the trim.
Cooling System Info-
Scott McGilvray describes the difference in radiator caps.